3 mins read

Discover the Benefits of Fish Oil and Omega 3 Fatty Acids in Fish Oil Supplements

Discover the Benefits of Fish Oil and Omega 3 Fatty Acids in Fish Oil Supplements

Heart related disease is one of the most potent killers we face on our planet. Modern stress, unhealthy eating habits and inactivity doesn’t help the cause either. The moment we think about heart attacks we think of cholesterol. For most of us it is the only culprit behind the increase in heart disease around us. We run away from the foods that even hints at having a bit of cholesterol in exactly is cholesterol? Why has it been such a dreaded thing for decades?

Well, it is a waxy substance that is made in our bodies by the liver. Most people don’t know this but cholesterol is actually necessary for our bodies to function. In fact, it is found in every cell in our body. Cholesterol is not the major culprit in heart disease or any disease. The major function of cholesterol is to build and maintain cell membranes. Without efficient cell membranes the body cannot carry out transportation of vital nutrients in and out of the cells. Which means your immune system will be impaired exposing you to a host of external germs and diseases. Recent studies have shown that it even acts as an anti-oxidant. This means it protects the cells from being damaged or being killed.

Cholesterol travels through the body in packages called lipoproteins. Lipoproteins consist of cholesterol and proteins. About 80 percent of the cholesterol in our bodies is produced by the liver. The other 20 percent comes from our diet. And this is where the problem starts for most people. A diet high in cholesterol can cause our bodies to make too much cholesterol, resulting in high levels of blood cholesterol. When blood cholesterol levels get too high, it can clog arteries and increase our risk for coronary heart disease. In some cases, the dreadful heart attack. This is like a traffic jam on a heavy snowfall day. Everything eventually leading to standstill.

So, if you can get the diet right you solve about 60 percent of the problem. The other 40 percent gets solved on its own when you start moving your body. In short, any physical exercise. Now what should be included in the diet? We need something that will prevent the stickiness or clotting in the blood.

And the solution to that is any food which is rich in omega 3 fatty acid. According to clinical studies, fish oil is rich in omega 3 fatty acids. The job of the omega 3 fatty acid is to avoid blood clots that may help you protect against coronary heart disease.

So do your self and your family a favour by incorporating fish or fish oil supplements in your diet.