7 tips to sell a home faster
Selling a house is not as simple as many may believe, in fact, it is an art. When selling a house we must take into account certain important aspects to achieve the sale successfully.
Best tips to sell your property quickly
Follow these 7 tips and get ready to sell your property quickly:
- Carry out the appraisal of the property , the first thing to do is update the value of the property seeking professional advice in the area, so we will determine its real value according to the footage, location and general conditions of the house, so we can set a price for sale . Advise us on the current situation of the real estate market, information should be sought regarding the value of similar properties in the same area, to have them as a reference before setting the sale price.
- Documentation up to date , it is important to have all the property documents up to date to be able to channel the sale, since if we find a buyer and do not have the necessary documents for the apartment, the process will be delayed or the sale may even be lost.
Additionally, potential buyers may also request this documentation to obtain information on the status of the property. Deeds, the ownership document or deed registered in the public registry, community certificates, energy certificate, among others, must be available. Once you have all the documentation available, the sale process will be carried out before a Notary Public and will be presented at the Property Registry.
- Renovation , depending on the conditions of your apartment, you can consider the remodeling option to reform its image, make it more attractive and revalue its price. Priority should be given to repairing aspects of the house that are in poor condition, for example doors, windows, sockets or floor and if there is a budget available, the remodeling of bathrooms and kitchen should be considered, since they tend to be attractive spaces for potential buyers.
As well as the trends towards open concept spaces, which offer a feeling of spaciousness and the ability to visualize several environments at the same time, without partitions in between.
- Cleaning , it is very important to carry out a deep cleaning to prepare the home before being exhibited to potential buyers, particularly in bathrooms and kitchen. As well as that the spaces must be ventilated and resources such as air fresheners or flowers used so that the house has a pleasant smell. Order and organization cannot be lacking, removing useless items that will help to give a positive, balanced and more spacious image. To help us with this task we can resort to hiring a specialized professional service or a cleaning company.
- Decoration , work should be done on a decoration that conveys harmony and a comfortable environment that is attractive to potential buyers. Everything will depend on whether the house for sale is our current apartment or if it is an empty house, which we must try to resort to real estate market techniques such as “home staging” which consists of staging a house for sale , the environment is prepared for its demonstration. The space must be depersonalized, removing very personal items before the exhibition, such as photos and paintings, to give a neutral sample that highlights the spaces that the property has and its general characteristics, since which in the end is what the potential buyer may be interested in.
Preferably, a minimalist decoration should be used accompanied by good lighting, which is a very important factor in a home since its appearance can improve considerably with small changes that are made in the lighting , changing a lamp, the types of bulbs or changing colors in the spaces.
- Publication in portals , on the internet we have various portals where you can publish for free with all the filters to position your home, prepare an attractive advertisement, with the best photos of your property that highlight the spaces, the characteristics, all supported by a good illumination. The quality of the photo is very important and that you expose the description of the details of the property, such as size, spaces, location, services, nearby points, certifications, house plans, among others.
You should update the publications, monitor the ads of homes for sale, provide more photographs to refresh the ad and keep it among the first on the portals can be a good strategy. You must also be attentive and willing to answer all calls as well as answer all questions and concerns that may be made through the portals.
To set the time of the visit to the property for its demonstration, it is advisable to set a time in which you can make the most of the sunlight that benefits natural lighting and makes the image of the property stand out. For the management of the visit, all the documentation of the property must be available to provide it to the client if requested, as well as all the information that may be required.
It must be organized to present the spaces and as a preamble favorable aspects of the location and the area where it is located should be highlighted, in fact you can take a tour of the area, now if you consider that the neighborhood where it is located It does not represent a major contribution to the exhibition, it begins directly with the conditions of the house.
- Management of purchase offers , you must be a bit flexible and have the ability to negotiate if necessary, since the price can go up or down according to the demand or interest shown towards your property, in addition to this it is due know what type of procedures will be necessary after the closing of the sale, what documents to request from our buyer.
It will always be useful to seek professional support and advice from experts in the area. There are also other options, for the most urgent in the sale in which specialized companies buy your home in record time, however everything will depend on your needs and time available for it.
We hope that with these useful tips you can sell your house quickly and safely.