April 30, 2019
Wedding shoes are just as important as the wedding dress and one should never compromise on that. In fact, one should always pay some special attention when they are choosing their wedding shoes.
Here are some major things to keep in mind when they are choosing their shoes.
- It may happen that one might stumble upon the shoes of their dreams but if one has not picked up their wedding dress yet then it is absolutely not a good idea to buy the shoes first. This is because the wedding shoes have to complement the wedding dress in every sense. So without finalising the dress, one cannot finalise the shoes. Also one needs to match the colours and other things as well. The length of the dress also matters here. Depending on the length of the dress one can decide on the shoes. If the dress is shorter, then there will be more focus on the shoes and so one need to pick one with more glamour and glitz. On the other hand if the dress is too long then one needs to focus on the heel size of the shoes because one should not trip over their dress.
- Once the dress is finalised, one needs to look for the shoes immediately. One should not wait for the last moment to buy the shoes because not only one should check whether the shoes are complimenting the dress but one should also check whether they are comfortable in walking in those shoes or not. if not and if one needs to make some alterations then they must have enough time to go for it.
- These days’ online collections are much better than the store collections. So, one should never miss on checking that. One can easily browse through them and get the best shoes. Some might find it a bit uneasy to buy online because they are not confident about their shoe sizes and fittings. But in most cases there are return facilities and exchange facilities as well. If not, then one can always check as much shoe stores as possible before making the final decision.
- Know the venue of your wedding well before buying the wedding shoes. Also checking the weather is also very important. If the venue is at outdoors then one should not go for too much if high heels as it might hurt the legs. One can go for wedges or kitten heels there. High heels are perfect if the venue is at indoors.
- It is okay to go beyond the traditional white colours when it comes to wedding shoes. One can style them and try different colours as well. it is also a great idea to go for some glitters like rose gold, silver or some plain pastel shades like beige or light brown. It should always compliment the dress. Metallic shoes can also be an option during this special day.
But no matter what, wedding shoes should be colour coordinated with the dress and they should be comfortable.