If you wish to find a water filter jug that will help you purify and cleanse contaminants from tap water, you should know everything about it before making up your mind.
Today, we use tap from numerous sources, most commonly, a municipal source. Therefore, the same level of purity comes to restaurants, hospitals, offices, and homes.
As soon as you check here, you will learn more about purification systems.
Still, we can find other filtered, sparkling, purified, mineral, bottled, and enriched options with particular nutrients and many more. Tap is a necessity for household needs and requirements.
We cannot use bottled water for appliances, which is why this is still one of the best ways to let your house function properly. Simultaneously, in urban and developed areas, we can drink, cook, and shower with tap water without horrific consequences.
People worldwide presume that tap is safe, but numerous studies have shown that consuming it can lead to severe problems in particular situations and areas.
For instance, in the US, people consume more than thirty-three billion liters of water annually, while forty percent have implemented some treatment and purification system.
It means that they have a chance to drink it from a faucet, but they are refusing to do so. Instead, they choose filtered options that come in different options, from regular filtration jugs to all-home purification systems.
Common Safety Issues and Concerts with Tap Water
The main concerns about tap come from three essential points: its contents, taste, and appearance. Simultaneously, a general reason people think about purify it is due to safety concerns to prevent potential contamination and health issues that may happen.
For instance, municipal tap water has to meet government regulations and safety standards in the US before it reaches your household. They treat it to remove excess contaminants, bacteria, chemicals, and other particles.
Besides, they add chemicals such as fluoride and chlorine for dental-health benefits and disinfection. Even though, in theory, everything works perfectly, no system will provide you a perfect option.
Therefore, on some occasions, pathogens, pesticides, and byproducts have been found in particular water supplies. On the other hand, other options are more like to be contaminated compared with the municipal supply.
It also has risks of looking, smelling, and tasting bad because of region-specific particles that are not treated during a process. If you live in an area where you fear potential contamination, you can choose other solutions, including filtered and bottled options.
Generally, bottled option is controversial because numerous brands are selling tap water as mountain springs in the last few decades. Simultaneously, bottled options come with a high-carbon footprint due to plastic and micro-plastic, which can be problematic for our entire planet.
Therefore, numerous people choose filtered water as both a reasonable and effective way to cleanse tap without too many expenses.
You should check out this site: vattenfilterkannor.se to learn more about purification jugs you can find on the market.
The Differences Between Filtered and Tap Water
Filtering can fix the taste especially if you have noticed signs of chlorine. Simultaneously, depending on the type you are using, it can clear out other safety issues, including pesticides, heavy metals, and bacteria.
- Activated Carbon – The most common and popular option for filtering features carbon particles that will absorb contaminants. The best thing about it is the affordable price tag. As water runs through a filter that features carbon, the impurities will stay on it. This particular option is best for pesticides, parasites, metals, MTBE, and radon you can find in a tap. You can find jugs or pitchers with this particular filtration system or faucet-mounting option.
- Cation Exchange – This particular system uses positively charged particles to attract negatively charged particles such as barium, magnesium, and calcium. Even though magnesium and calcium are not problematic for health, they can damage your piping system.
- Reverse Osmosis – If you wish to get the most expensive but most effective filtering method that features a point-of-approach perspective, you should get this particular one. Reverse osmosis will use pressure to force water to enter a membrane that will remove unwanted contaminants. It is an excellent option for people with health concerns and issues because it can remove harmful pathogens like viruses and bacteria.
- Distillation – Remember that boiling water is the easiest way to remove unwanted heavy metals and pathogens. However, it is not for drinking but for other uses because distilled option can have toxic effects on your body.
Advantages of Using Charcoal Water Filter Jugs
- It Will Remove Just the Bad Stuff – Consuming water is not just about filtering everything apart from oxygen and hydrogen. It should also feature other minerals that are important for our well-being. Keep in mind that most filters can remove impurities, but they also tend to remove healthy ions and minerals that we can use. Since activated charcoal has a specific chemical structure and composition, the filters will absorb and attract harmful compounds, while the rest of the nutrients and minerals will remain inside.
- Healthy Option – Apart from removing contaminants that will affect the tap’s taste and odor, a healthy approach can help you along the way. Therefore, you can enjoy better quality than other filtration methods.
- Better Flavor – Some people avoid drinking tap because it comes with a lousy aroma and metallic taste. It would be best if you remembered that a taste depends on numerous factors, including chlorine, the state of your pipes, and outside piping. Even though this is a standard approach to protect public health, it leads people to buy bottled water or stop drinking it altogether. Since water is essential for overall health, it is way better to get proper jug with charcoal than to buy bottled water that features micro-plastic and other contaminants that are bad for the environment.
- Simple to Maintain – Since it is the most affordable purification option, you should know that replacement parts are simple to install and find on the market. Generally, you should replace a filter at least once a month, depending on your needs and requirements. However, it depends on the amount you use, which means that you should replace it altogether as soon as you notice taste changes.